The School Based Youth Health Nurse program aims to promote positive health outcomes for young people and their families. Nurses work with school staff on curriculum, teaching and learning activities; provide health information and referral; support the development of an environment and school culture that supports health and wellbeing; and work with the community and other services.
The School Based Youth Health Nurse program:
- Maintains a preventative rather than treatment focus.
- Works collaboratively with the school community and other services and agencies to promote health and wellbeing, and address contemporary health, and social issues impacting on the health and wellbeing of young people.
The School's Youth Health Nurse is able every Monday, Friday and every second Thursday
- Physical/Mental and Emotional Health
- Nutrition and exercise
- Sexual health and contraception
- Relationships / Peer pressure / Family disruption
- Smoking, Alcohol and other drugs
- Body image / eating disorders
- Health information for use in related school assignments